The seven technology-related objectives of "Building on Excellence" are:
- Create a campus environment where all students and faculty are connected to the resources they need when and where they need them.
- Provide adequate support to students and faculty in the use of information technology.
- Incorporate online learning into instructional programs where appropriate.
- Support the expansion of distance education in appropriate areas.
- Create an innovative Information Science and Information Studies (ISIS) certificate program.
- Further explore the potential for teaching, training, and learning in the areas of information technology and entrepreneurship.-
- Create a more effective organizational structure for information technology support.